Saturday, September 12, 2009

Week 2 and Worksheets

This week was interesting, as the teacher went on vacation Thursday and Friday. Ends up the school district decided that it was easier to have a school day this week then either have school the Thursday during teacher meetings, which they were planning to, or add a Monday after the fact. Surprising, quite a bit of students said they would prefer to come back the extra day. Student 5 mentioned since this was such a difference, they had to deal with their employer who expected them to have it off.

Anyways, enough about how cruel it is that I only had two days off this weekend. Back to serious topic, the teacher had me give worksheets to the students for periods 3-6, which was the 9th and 8th graders. The first two periods had homework to work on and they were very much on task and didn't need much help. The sub let me answer most of the questions they had, which helped to break up the monotony of watching them work well. Though the Chem class didn't read instructions very well and started doing all the problems instead of just odd. The physics class went well and student 11 and I determined that the answer key rounded everything in it, thus throwing off the final answer, something I might want to mention to my teacher on Monday. The worksheet went well, overall, though I definitely need to work on how I write directions. Though they completed the assignment faster than I expected as a whole. All except two finished before the bell rang. They stayed pretty quiet while a couple pulled out extra work. The first 8th period class was awesome, they were very quiet, worked well together, however, the second class was much more disruptive. I ended up getting into an argument with a student on what how they are supposed to call me. They and student 45 seem to be the troublemakers of the group. The substitute, who's been around the school district mentioned that 45 was a well known trouble-maker. I guess I have a challenge on my hands.

Well good luck to everyone, and we'll see each other in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment